An Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) is a single multi-agency plan for children and young people aged 0-25 who have Special Educational Needs or Disabilities.
The Special Educational Needs Assessment and Review Team (SENART) manages the Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans process at Wakefield Council.
The following datasets summarise activity in relation to: the statutory assessment process; issuing Education, Health and Care Plans; and representing Wakefield Council at SEND Tribunals:
- Assessments: Requests for statutory assessment, the number of cases where assessment was agreed or refused, and the number of assessments that resulted in the issue of an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
- Plans issued: The total number of Education, Health and Care Plans issued per calendar year, and the number which were issued within the statutory 20 week timeframe.
- Specialist provision: The number of pupils with an Education, Health and Care Plan attending various types of specialist provision.
- Residential placements: The number of pupils with an Education, Health and Care accessing residential placements.
- Mediation and tribunals: The number of cases where mediation was involved, the number of these that led to an appeal to Tribunal, and the number of Tribunal hearings that were in favour of the local authority.
Note: (i) Small anomalies in the assessments data can occur where families move to a different Local Authority area before an assessment process is completed, or where a parent withdraws a request for assessment. (ii) For the breakdown of specialist provision, data for August is excluded as this is the period of transfer from primary to secondary school.
Further data on Special Educational Needs is available from: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/statistics-special-educational-needs-sen
You must be logged in to request access to this dataset.