A dataset providing a minute by minute traffic flow for Junction 37 of the M1.
Traffic data is recorded via inductive loops by the MIDAS Subsystem (Motorway Incident Detection and Automatic Signalling) for those sites that have been enabled as traffic counting sites.
The geographic address includes both a figure for the distance along the carriageway (e.g. 1962 = 96.2km from the start of the motorway) and a letter suffix for the direction of travel. In this instance
- A = main carriageway North to South
- J = off slip roads North to South
- K = on slip roads North to South
- B = main carriageway South to North
- L = off slip roads South to North
- M = on slip roads South to North
Traffic Counting data consists of the following for each minute for each site:
- Flow (vehicle count) by length category
- Flow (vehicle count) by lane
- Average speed (kph) by lane
- Average headway (deciseconds) by lane
- Occupancy (%) by lane
Vehicles are categorised according to the following lengths:
- Category 1 no more than 5.2m
- Category 2 greater than 5.2m and no more than 6.6m
- Category 3 greater than 6.6m and no more than 11.6m
- Category 4 greater than 11.6m
You must be logged in to request access to this dataset.