A dataset providing a minute by minute traffic flow for Junctions 25 to 30 of the M62.
Traffic data is recorded via inductive loops by the MIDAS Subsystem (Motorway Incident Detection and Automatic Signalling) for those sites that have been enabled as traffic counting sites.
The geographic address includes both a figure for the distance along the carriageway (e.g. 1962 = 96.2km from the start of the motorway) and a letter suffix for the direction of travel. In this instance
- A = main carriageway West to East
- J = off slip roads West to East
- K = on slip roads West to East
- B = main carriageway East to West
- L = off slip roads East to West
- M = on slip roads East to West
Traffic Counting data consists of the following for each minute for each site:
- Flow (vehicle count) by length category
- Flow (vehicle count) by lane
- Average speed (kph) by lane
- Average headway (deciseconds) by lane
- Occupancy (%) by lane
Vehicles are categorised according to the following lengths:
- Category 1 no more than 5.2m
- Category 2 greater than 5.2m and no more than 6.6m
- Category 3 greater than 6.6m and no more than 11.6m
- Category 4 greater than 11.6m
You must be logged in to request access to this dataset.