Newcastle City Council believes it is important to be open about how we spend money. Each month we will publish a list of all payments we make which are over £250 (including VAT), showing who we paid, how much we paid, and what this was for. Note that prior to october 2012, published payments included those over £500.
This will include:
- All items we purchase
- Payments we make to contractors carrying out work on our behalf.
- Other spend we incur in carrying out our business.
What will be excluded:
- Payments made to staff.
- Housing benefit payments.
- Sensative social services information whixh could put vulnerable individuals at risk.
- Personal information, such as the names of individuals receiving payments.
- Confidential information, such as council tax or business rate refund.
We will regularly review the way we classify information to make sure that the process is as accurate as possible.
Relevant Committee reports
These are provided at the bottom with the rest of our reports.
Monthly spending reports
The reports are available in both comma delimited format (CSV) and portable format (PDF) and are listed by month below. There are a number of supplier names within the attached documents where the name has been replaced by the following text, 'Redacted Personal Data'. This follows government guidlines where a payment has been made to an individual but the publication of the individuals name may contravene the data protection act. Examples of these types of payments include (but are not limited to) adult social care payments and payments to foster carers.
You must be logged in to request access to this dataset.