This website is run by DataPress Ltd. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the visual data dashboard cannot be processed by a screen reader
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- spreadsheets and other data files are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- the backend control panel for site admins is not fully integrated with assistive technology
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements:
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
DataPress Ltd is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
Out of scope: Interactive Dashboards
The interactive dashboards are difficult to navigate using a keyboard, and are unable to provide a text alternative when viewing charts and maps of the data.
The dashboards and data explorers are exempt from meeting regulations under the online maps and mapping services exception, as long as essential information is provided in an accessible digital manner where maps are required for navigational use.
Out of Scope: Raw data and PDFs
The goal of this service is to provide access to raw data and files, to support the goals of transparency and openness. This requires the publication of raw data files in formats such as Excel and CSV. These are supplied by users and other contributors, and are intended to reflect the original source of information.
These files do not meet WCAG 2.1 success criteria. The library of files is exempt from meeting regulations because this content qualifies as a heritage collection (2)(f). They are made available as publicly owned goods presenting a technical interest (3)(c) preserved in this archive.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 5th February 2020. The test was carried out by the lead developers at DataPress Ltd.
We test the following pages:
- The homepage, except for any interactive dashboards.
- Pages accessible via the top navigation menu
- The topic index
- The masthead index
- The dataset index
- The top ten datasets on that day
We use the following tools to verify WCAG AA 2.1 compliance:
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We continually verify the DataPress software for regression bugs and other accessibility issues. If you spot anything that can be improved, email email@example.com.
This statement was prepared on 5th February 2020. It was last updated on 12th January 2021.