What is Data / Open Data?
- What is Data?: School of Data
- What Makes Data Open?: The Open Data Institute
- The Open Definition: The Open Knowledge Foundation
- A Simple Intro to Open Data: Antonio Acuña (data.gov.uk blogs)
- Open Data: Wikipedia
- Open Data: a means to an end, not an end in itself: Rufus Pollock
- Gratis and Libre Open Access: Peter Suber (SPARC Open Access Newsletter)
Leading open data licensing & standards
- Reuser’s Guide to Open Data Licensing: The Open Data Institute
- 5 ★ Open Data: Examples, Cost & Benefits
- Open Data Certificates: The Open Data Institute
Big, open & personal data
- A Colloquial Definition of Big, Open, and Personal Data: The Open Data Institute
What about government open data?
- Open Data: Unleashing the Potential: UK Cabinet Office
- Transparency Agenda: UK Cabinet Office
Open data, what’s the value?
- Open data: Unlocking innovation and performance with liquid information: McKinsey Insights
Open data stories
- What Can Open Data Do for You?: The Open Data Institute
- 19 Open Data Stories: Edafe Onerhime
Who publishes open data?
- data.gov.uk: UK Government Open Data Portal
- Leeds Data Mill: Leeds Public, Private and Third Sector Organisations Portal
- HSCIC: UK Health & Social Care Information Centre Data (Publisher)
- Food Standards Agency: UK Food Hygiene Rating Data (Publisher)
- Open Data, So What?: Finding the Value in Open Data
- Introducing Open Data: Part of Open Data in a Day
- Licensing, Law and Best Practice: Part of Open Data in a Day
- Stars and Certificates: Part of Open Data in a Day