This dataset provides a comprehensive list of council owned land and building assets which are deemed corporately owned. Some assets such as investment properties, void properties, and office accommodation are managed on behalf of the whole council by Asset Management (corporate landlord), whilst others which generally support front line services are managed by the Services themselves (tenants).
Definitions and information
- “Lease in” and “Leased in” means a property which the council rents from any external company or organisation
- “Lease out” and “Leased out” means a council property rented out to an external company or organisation
- “Surplus” means that the council has determined that it no longer requires the asset and whilst usually applied to vacant properties this is not necessarily the case
- “ Vacant” means not currently used and it’s future has yet to be determined
- “Vacant temporarily” means one council user has vacated and another council user will be moving in
- “Vacant surplus” means one council user has vacated and it has been determined that the asset is no longer required
- There are around 200 properties without a status, this is because the information was not available at the time when the data was prepared. It is likely that these properties are “Council occupied”
- Improved descriptions and omissions will be addressed at the next revision
In the spirit of openness and transparency, this is a first attempt at producing this list and it is possible that there may be some errors and omissions, the aim however, is to continuously improve on the quality of the data where necessary, in future editions.
Local Government Transparency Code 2015
- This is a key dataset which the government wants local authorities to publish.
Request Access to Council land and building assets
You must be logged in to request access to this dataset.