Created 9 years ago, updated 8 months ago
This dataset shows staff time allocated to trade union activities.
- Data is based on trade union roles/facilties time recorded corporately
- C= convenors
- ULRC = Union Learn Representative Co-Ordinator
- ULRL = Union Learn Representative Lead
- Costs are based on basic pay with oncost and also include accommodation costs
- Trade union spend is calculated as a percentage of the total pay bill to provide a basic estimate of spending on facilities time
- For the purpose of collective bargaining Leeds City Council recognises the following trade unions :UNITE, UNISON, UCATT & GMB and primarily in schools: ATL, ASCL, NUT, NAHT & NASUWT
- Trade Unions have confirmed all activities i.e. attending conferences, meeting regional officers, branch and regional meetings are carried out within the agreed facilities time.
- Teaching Trade Unions have confirmed that they carry out activities in their own time i.e. attending conferences, meeting regional officers, branch and regional meetings.
Local Government Transparency Code 2015
- This is a key dataset which the government wants local authorities to publish.
Trade Union Facility Time Publication Regulation 2017
- The purpose of these regulations is to promote transparency and allow for public scrutiny of facility time.
- Additional information is required over and above the Local Government Transparency Code. This information has been included from 2017/18.
From 2018 we no longer record the figure of representatives spending more than 50% of their time on Trade union activities.
Request Access to Trade union facility time
You must be logged in to request access to this dataset.