This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for DataPress Ltd. (“DataPress”).
This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
What Information do we collect?
When you register for an account, we will ask you to provide your email address, a username and a password. Passwords are stored as salted hashes on secure servers.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
When visiting our site, we will record the following information, in order to help us improve the browsing experience. This information is anonymised and we do not use this for tracking purposes.
- IP address
- Operating system
- Screen resolution
- Interactions with the site
Why we collect this information
We use this information to:
- manage our services to see how we can best deliver services and support to users
- for statistical and research purposes.
We do not share your information
We do not sell your personal information to anyone. We don’t share your personal information with any people or organisations unless required by law apart from administrators of Data Mill North.
Who has access to your information?
- Your username is publicly viewable
- Your email address and site usage information are only accessible to DataPress and administrators of Data Mill North
- Your password is not viewable by anyone
Updating your information
Should you wish to change your account settings you can do so using the Edit Profile page of the site. From this page you can change your username, password and email address. You also have the option to delete your account altogether.
Changes to this privacy notice
We will continually review and update this privacy notice to reflect changes in our services and feedback from service users, as well as to comply with the changes in the law.
Complaints about data protection or questions regarding this data policy should be sent to the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org