ODI Training – Open Data in a Day
|This is a public event|
|Date:||01/01/2017 to 31/12/2018|
New to open data? Get started with our one-day interactive course run by our experts. You will learn how to discover, use and describe the benefits of open data and how they impact your organisation.
Whether you have some knowledge of open data, work in a related field or are completely new to it, this introductory, jargon free course will enable you to quickly get a 360 degree view of the open data landscape and increase your confidence in working with open data.
Over the course of the day, you will learn:
- What is open data, its benefits and opportunities
- Case studies of successful open data projects
- How to minimize risks by understanding licensing and certificates
- How to discover and use open data
With a mixture of practical exercises, case studies and the latest learnings from the field of open data, our experts will remove the complexity of working with open data. Increase your confidence in working with open data. Reserve your place today for our early bird rates.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe open data
- Explain the difference between big, personal and open data
- Describe the benefits, of working with open data
- Describe successful case studies of using and publishing open data
- Explain how open data sits in the current economic climate
- Learn how to clean & validate open data
- Explain open data licenses
- Know two different certification processes for open data best practice
Who is this for?
Employees from private companies, third sector organisations and government departments. Previous participants have included: decision makers, managers, civil servants, researchers, policy advisors, journalists, students, strategists, data owners and publishers.
No previous experience of data required, however good computer literacy, specially using spreadsheets and the web, is essential.
An wi-fi enabled laptop is useful. One that is able to install new software and, as a minimum, the laptop should be able to open a spreadsheet.
PLEASE CONTACT ODI LEEDS FOR AVAILABLE DATES.